TandaSoft recommends a process based on the Agile Software Development methodology to ensure customer satisfaction. As described at agilemanifesto.org, the Agile process values:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Working solutions over comprehensive documentation.
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation.
- Responding to change over following a plan.
As such, we have developed a simple process we use when starting any project:
- Understand: We spend a few hours with the customer in order to become familiar with the current business processes that are in place, as well as future business processes and needs that computer software/hardware may facilitate.
- Study: We take the time to understand the current solutions that are in place. Upon completion and as requested, we can provide a non-binding “ball park” estimate of time/costs for each option we discover. This estimate may be refined as business requirements are modified or discovered. Billing is based on time plus materials. (We can also provide a not-to-exceed quote, or work within monthly budget constraints for ongoing project work.)
- Construct: We strive for simple, cost-effective solutions. We believe in being customer centric, “satisfying the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable solutions.” The customer will be able to see incremental progress in the form of a working solution as the solution evolves.
- Document: We will provide any documentation and source code required to ensure continuity of service with any future vendors.
- Deliver: We are not happy until the customer is happy. Due to the incremental nature of the Agile process we use, we will continue to improve upon the solution until customer needs are met.